YEVU uses West African wax print fabric made from 100% cotton. This textile is sourced in Ghana from wholesale vendors and directly from textile manufacturers. These prints are vibrant, bold and authentically produced in Ghana using imported cotton. The best thing about our wax print fabric is that it has excellent colour fastness, so the colour stays bright after many washes, but the fabric softens.
The YEVU team pre-washes all our fabric in Ghana by hand before any of it is cut and sewn into garments. We do this to ensure that the fabrics are fully colourfast, to soften the fabric before its cut, and also the ensure there are no shrink issues with the fabric.
How to wash your YEVU
- Machine wash COLD, with similar colours. We recommend 30 degrees or cold wash settings if using a machine. For ideal outcomes hand wash cold.
- Turn the garment(s) inside out when washing in a machine
- Use mild washing powder
- Use a gentle machine setting where possible, such as ‘hand-wash’
- Dry on a flat surface or on a line out of direct sunlight to avoid any colour damage
- Iron using the cotton setting for best results
To learn more about our prints process and the history of wax prints, visit this page